– When a term has several meanings we include only those relative to dance.
– Each article has 6 parts:
- The word itself as well as various ways of writing it
- Our explanation and comments
- Comments by ancient writers (before 500 AD)
- Comments by modern writers (after 500 AD)
– For words in Greek we use the contemporary writing (only one accent, no spirits) to facilitate the lay reader.
– We do not differentiate between periods of Antiquity or regions where a word was used. Language was not exactly the same throughout the centuries and in all regions of the Greek world. Even if we had enough information it would complicate the reader.